Monday, January 9, 2012

We can't stop fighting over money, help!?

My goal is to get everything paid off & save some $$. My husbands goal is to get a new kawasaki bike. b/c of rising gas, car insurance & rent we've had to cut back to only liability, cut cable & downgrade our phone plan. He figures if he sells his suzuki bike (he doesn't use it much b/c he also has a bmw) then he can get a 2008 kawasaki. With the $3500 he would make on the bike I figured we could save it or pay off some of our enormous credit card debt. He just tries to talk me into financing this new bike saying he could get a great rate even though his old one nearly got repo'd. To me that's not the point. If I have to cut cable, downgrade our phone & insurance & limit what we get at the grocery store then I feel hes wrong by pouting & getting upset b/c I told him we should pay off some debt. He says if he can't get a new one then he wont sell the old one as if selling it to pay off debt is pointless & he makes me feel like i'm just a prude. what can I do to nip this in the bud?

No comments:

Post a Comment